Project Management Office
Encore offers two Project Management Office (PMO) services - PMO Set-Up and PMO Re-branding.
These services help clients establish and enhance the PMO function at various levels within
their enterprise, depending on client requirements.
The PMO must be aligned with the business strategy of your organization. The PMO ensures
project governance in terms of quality, scope, budget, and schedule. PMOs bring consistent
processes and disciplines across your enterprise so that projects are managed in a like
manner, regardless of size and scope. It provides management with information at a senior
level to set direction, determine priority, release funding, and monitor the progress of
your project portfolio.
PMOs are typically customized for an organization. Functions commonly included in a
PMO infrastructure are:
- Management Reporting - oversees alignment of project portfolio
with business strategy
- Project Methodology Ownership - implements standard project management processes
and methodologies so that project managers are doing similar activities in a consistent
fashion across projects
- Project Feasibility and Planning Guidance - implements standard processes so that
project team members are doing like activities in similar fashion
- Project Management Mentoring and Coaching - identifies project manager skill sets
and provides training to project managers
- Project Delivery Best Practice Processes - collects project lessons learned and makes
them available to project personnel, performs quality audits on projects
An effective PMO can offer tremendous benefits and contribute towards an organization's
competitive advantage. A key attribute of a successful PMO is constant communication.
The challenge is implementing the right PMO, sustaining its level of contributions, and
maintaining its position within the organization. Encore delivers a proven performance
by helping your organization build or enhance quality PMO infrastructures.
This PMO framework is a guideline to establishing the "right" PMO infrastructure.
The components include:
- Create PMO Identity
- Create PMO Processes
- Create Project Management Capabilities
- Create and/or Augment PMO Tools & Techniques
The PMO Re-branding process is a guideline to restructuring an existing PMO to better support
the goals of your organization. An effective execution of the process will lead toward
increasing the effectiveness of the PMO as well as refocusing and remarketing the PMO.
The PMO Re-branding focuses on areas such as PMO purpose, alignment with business strategy,
service offerings, and communications.
The components of the Encore PMO Re-branding process include:
- Define the state of the current PMO
- Define the future state PMO
- Define and implement the feature, function, and benefits of
the future state PMO
- Define, design and implement performance metrics of the future